Workers Compensation Lawyers in Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Pasadena and Arnold, Maryland
The workers’ compensation lawyers in Glen Burnie, Maryland at Murnane & O’Neill work closely with individuals who have been hurt on the job. Most workers in Maryland are covered under workers’ compensation insurance. Workers’ compensation insurance is a special type of insurance most employers are required to have if they have employees. Your employer may be required to have workers’ compensation insurance whether they have full-time or part-time employees. Sometimes employers may tell contract workers that they are not covered under workers’ compensation after an injury or claim that a worker is a contract employee after an injury. Yet, determining your workplace classification is not always clear-cut or easy. Hal Murnane and Murnane & O’Neill, the workers’ compensation lawyers in Glen Burnie, Maryland may be able to assist you with determining whether you are covered under workers’ compensation, may be able to assist you with appealing a denied claim, or if you aren’t covered under workers’ compensation and were injured on the job, the workers’ compensation lawyers in Glen Burnie, Maryland at Murnane & O’Neill may be able to help you pursue a lawsuit or settlement with your employer.
Injured workers have the right to certain workers’ compensation benefits, including payment of your medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages if you have had to miss time from work due to a workplace injury and most importantly, disability benefits for permanent impairment. Workers’ compensation benefits may also cover your travel expenses to and from doctor’s appointments, and medical equipment, if needed. If you need to train for a new job because of a disability or injury, workers’ compensation claims may also cover these expenses. If you were injured on the job, you may be facing a range of new challenges. You may have to miss time from work, may be facing a long course of rehabilitation, may be permanently disabled, and may wonder what your next steps should be. The Glen Burnie, Maryland workers’ compensation lawyers at Murnane & O’Neill may be able to help you.
How a Glen Burnie, Maryland Workers’ Compensation Lawyer May Be Able to Help You
Not all workplace injuries are accepted by the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission. Hal Murnane and his team have over 40 years of experience assisting injured workers in Glen Burnie have their claim accepted by the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission. When employers or workers’ compensation insurance companies deny a claim, workers may not always realize that they have the right to challenge the denial. Unfortunately, the process can be quite involved. When you combine bureaucracy with the challenges of navigating disability, rehabilitation, or serious injury, it becomes clear why many individuals who have their claims denied might give up. Yet, you do not have to navigate the process alone. The Glen Burnie, Maryland workers’ compensation lawyers at Murnane & O’Neill, experienced in successfully perfecting claims will be able to evaluate your insurance claim, take the time to understand why the claim was denied, gather evidence and documentation to support your claim, and convince the Commission to help you receive the benefits you deserve.
Sometimes workers’ compensation claims are not denied outright, but individuals are offered less than the benefits they deserve. For example, individuals with full disability might be told by a workers’ compensation adjuster that their disability is temporary or partial. Sometimes individuals are not offered enough money to cover their medical and rehabilitation expenses. If you believe you have not received the claim benefits you deserve under the law, Hal Murnane and the workers’ compensation lawyers in Glen Burnie, Maryland at Murnane & O’Neill will help you. Our attorneys can review your claim, review the seriousness of your injury, look at medical evidence, and help you fight a denied or underpaid workers’ compensation claim.
Why Workers’ Compensation Claims Are Denied
in Glen Burnie, Maryland
Workers’ compensation claims are denied for many reasons in Glen Burnie, Maryland. Sometimes claims are denied for legitimate reasons, but sometimes workers have legitimate claims, and workers’ compensation insurers still deny their claim. Here are some common reasons why workers’ compensation claims might get denied:
- You did not report the workplace injury within the time-limit, or you did not make a claim within the time limit workers’ compensation law requires. It is important to report your injury to your employer as soon after the incident as possible. Then contact the lawyers at Murnane & O’Neill.
- You were under the influence when the injury took place. If you were drinking or using drugs when you were injured, your workers’ compensation claim might be denied.
- Your injury did not happen on the job or happened due to a pre-existing condition. Some types of injuries like back injuries are common. Sometimes insurance companies might claim that an injury happened outside of work or was the result of a pre-existing condition. A skilled workers’ compensation lawyer can review your medical history, gather evidence, and show that your injury happened on the job. For example, an existing minor back injury can be seriously exacerbated by a workplace fall or repetitive strain.
- Your employer tells you that you are not covered under workers’ compensation. If you are a contract worker or are a certain type of worker, you may not be covered under workers’ compensation. If you are not covered, you may have other alternatives to seek compensation for your workplace injury, including suing your employer or other responsible negligent parties. Sometimes, however, workers are told that they are not covered under workers’ compensation when they are, in fact, covered. However, Maryland law provides a fund for injured workers’ whose employers have no insurance.
If you have been hurt at work and are having difficulty with a workers’ compensation claim, the Glen Burnie, Maryland workers’ compensation lawyers at Murnane & O’Neill may be able to help you. Our lawyers can review your claim, determine your estimated benefits, and fight insurance companies to help you get the benefits you may deserve under the law. Reach out to Murnane & O’Neill today to learn more.
Contact a Glen Burnie, Maryland Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Today
Hal Murnane has years of experience in protecting the rights of injured workers throughout the state of Maryland, visiting Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission hearing sites to represent injured clients on a wide variety of issues such as pay disputes, contested cases, pay for time off of work, disability benefits, job re-training, and compensation for permanent injury.
Getting benefits from the Maryland Workers' Compensation system requires knowledge of the law. Battling insurance companies to recover benefits for the injured worker is our strength. Hal Murnane has assembled a team of experienced Maryland Workers' Compensation lawyers that will work hard to get you the benefits you deserve.
Some common questions you may ask are:
- Am I eligible for workers' compensation benefits?
- Do I have to file a workers' compensation claim?
- How do I get paid after I am injured?
- How do I get paid for permanent injury?
- What if my employer challenges my claim?
- What if I do not have a valid social security number?
- What if my employer does not have workers' compensation insurance?
- For answers to some commonly asked questions, click here.
Please call us today at (410) 761-6800 to discuss your case.
For your benefit, also see: Workers' Compensation Hearing Locations.