Glen Burnie Maryland Car Accident Lawyers
Maryland Motor Vehicle Accidents (Automobiles, Motorcycles, Trucks)
The Glen Burnie, Maryland car accident lawyers at Murnane & O’Neill are here to help you if you, a family member, or someone you love was injured in an automobile accident. Whether you have had a minor accident or have been seriously injured due to the negligence of another, injuries sustained from auto accidents can be difficult to overcome. Car accident injuries can leave victims with permanent disability, lost wages due to time missed from work, and a long road of rehabilitation ahead. Families may struggle to make ends meet if they lose their family’s primary source of income. Yet, if you or someone you love was hurt in a car accident, you and your family may be entitled to seek compensation for your medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You may only have a limited time to make a claim under the law. The Glen Burnie, Maryland auto accident lawyers at Murnane & O’Neill may be able to assist you with your case.
One way a Glen Burnie, Maryland car accident lawyer may be able to help you is by understanding the process of evaluating your auto accident claim. Victims and families may not always know what their car accident claim might be worth. While you can look at medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, and lost wages to estimate the value of your claim, it can sometimes be more difficult to estimate future medical costs related to an auto accident, as well as ongoing rehabilitation expenses, and future lost wages due to disability. Furthermore, if you or someone you love was seriously injured, you may also be entitled to seek damages for pain, suffering, inconvenience, and lifestyle interference. A Glen Burnie, Maryland car accident lawyer, Hal Murnane at Murnane & O’Neill may be able to review your case, estimate the value of your claim, and negotiate with insurance companies to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law. Insurance companies may sometimes offer victims and their family’s settlements after an accident; yet it is important to understand the full value of your claim, including past and future effects of your injuries.
The insurance companies have their own lawyers on staff to defend their cases, and they often wish to take the case to trial, rather than offer you fair compensation. They try this approach because they know that many of the car accident law firms are settlement factories, and do not want to take your case to trial. Mr. Murnane and our Maryland auto accident lawyers have tried countless cases over 28 years practicing in Glen Burnie, Anne Arundel County, Annapolis, Baltimore and throughout the rest of the state of Maryland. We want to assure your maximum recovery by being at all times thoroughly prepared to enter the trial arena. Having earned a reputation as aggressive trial lawyers, we obtain maximum settlement offers from the respect we have earned through our dealings with insurance companies.
Helping Automobile Accident Victims in
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Hal Murnane and the automobile accident lawyers in Glen Burnie, Maryland at Murnane & O’Neill help clients who have been involved in truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bike accidents, pedestrian accidents, and more. Truck accident claims can be far more complicated than car accident claims because truck companies are regulated by federal laws. Truck companies are also required to hold higher insurance policies. In the aftermath of a truck accident, victims may need to navigate a range of challenges, including identifying whether the truck company violated federal regulations, negotiating with truck insurance companies, and seeking damages from the truck companies themselves. When multiple stakeholders are involved, it pays to have a Glen Burnie, Maryland auto accident lawyer at Murnane & O’Neill on your side.
Truck accidents can be more serious than car accidents because of the sheer size of trucks involved. Motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and bike accidents can be more serious than auto accidents because these road users don’t have the protective chassis of a vehicle to protect them from the most serious injuries. If you or someone you love was seriously injured in an automobile accident in Glen Burnie, Maryland, reach out to the lawyers at Murnane & O’Neill today. We are here to help.
How a Glen Burnie, Maryland Car Accident Lawyer Can Help with an Insurance Claim
The higher value your claim might be, the more likely your insurance company might try to deny your claim or offer you a lower settlement than you may deserve. You may need to provide more documentation and proof to receive a settlement, and insurance adjusters may ask for more. Families and victims are already struggling to heal and deal with major challenges in the aftermath of a catastrophic car accident. The last thing you might want to deal with is an ongoing battle with an insurance company.
The emotional and financial harm resulting from devastating injury caused by an automobile accident can be frightening and lifestyle altering. Insurance companies are not “on your side,” and you are not “in good hands” when attempting to tackle these multi-million dollar companies alone. We will provide the experience and professional expertise necessary to ease the pain and burden of obtaining full recovery. It is our responsibility to help you restore order to your life--physically, monetarily and emotionally--and we look forward to meeting the challenges involved on a daily basis.
Whether you are the victim of catastrophic injury resulting in loss of limb, permanent disability or disfigurement or the nagging effects of broken bones, sprains or strains, the processing and pursuit of a fair recovery is tedious, time consuming and frustrating. Mr. Murnane and our trained car accident lawyers and legal assistants will handle the complex and seemingly never-ending task of processing your claims, completing all necessary paperwork for payment of your bills, recovery for lost income and monies for pain and suffering. We handle your first-party, personal injury protection (“PIP”) claims free of charge! Likewise, we work out and resolve your health insurance companies’ liens without collecting any fee from you. Sometimes, obtaining maximum recovery from the person at-fault is not enough. Pursuit of compromise from all involved is our quest in order to get the best possible net results for our clients.
What to do After a Car Crash in
Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Call the police and ask for a police report. Even if you think the accident was minor, it is still a good idea to always have a police report. At first glance you may think the collision and or damage may not be serious or substantial enough to involve the police; however, in many situations damage that may at first appear minor may not actually be inexpensive, especially when it comes to body work and repairing a fender. Keep in mind, Maryland law does not require police officers to prepare Maryland Motor Vehicle Accident Reports for every automobile accident, (however substantial injury accidents certainly will cause a report to be prepared.) Should you be involved in a Glen Burnie, Maryland accident where the other driver flees the scene, you must call the police and have a formal report drafted and to obtain assistance in locating the “phantom vehicle.” Certain injuries like mild traumatic brain injury, or PTSD may not always be diagnosed or visible at the scene of an accident. Having a police report can be helpful should a personal injury claim need to be made later. When you ask for a report to be prepared, take down the names of officers and their badge numbers. Maryland Motor Vehicle Crash Reports are a nominal fee to obtain and must be requested, meaning a report will not be sent to you because you were involved in the collision. Murnane & O’Neill will assist you in obtaining this report.
- Get help for those injured and seek medical attention for injuries. It is required under the law that you call for help if you see someone hurt at the scene of an accident. If you have been hurt, it is also a good idea to seek medical attention and to follow the instructions of your doctor after an accident. Seeking prompt medical attention can make a difference especially if you need to make a car accident claim later.
- Exchange information with other drivers. Ask to see their driver’s license, write down their car’s make, model, year, and license plate number. Take down the names of witnesses and get the other driver’s insurance information.
- Take photographs. Photograph the condition of the vehicles after the crash, including the location of the collision and scene. This information will be important to have if you later need to make a claim.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. Let your insurance company know you were involved in an accident. Most insurance companies require prompt notification. Do not provide recorded statements until you receive legal advice.
- Call Hal Murnane. Speak to a Glen Burnie, Maryland car accident lawyer at Murnane & O’Neill. The auto accident attorneys at Murnane & O’Neill at Glen Burnie, Maryland, provide FREE CONSULTATIONS and will protect your interests and assist you with the claims process, battle with insurance companies, and fight to help you get the best settlement possible under the law.