The truck accident lawyer in Pasadena, Maryland at Murnane & O’Neill can help you and your family if you have been injured in a truck crash. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident, you can receive compensation for your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. Truck accident claims can be more complicated than auto accident claims for many reasons. Not only do truck accidents result in more serious injuries, they also can be more likely to lead to wrongful death. Moreover, truck companies are governed by federal trucking laws and are required to have high-limit insurance policies. Truck drivers must also receive proper licensure. These complex laws mean that there might be many avenues through which a truck company or driver might be negligent after a crash. A truck accident lawyer in Pasadena, Maryland can help you with understanding your rights, identifying negligent parties, and fighting to hold truck companies accountable.
In the aftermath of a truck accident, multiple stakeholders could potentially be responsible for paying for victims’ damages. Truck companies, drivers, insurers, and even maintenance companies or parts companies could each have played a role in the accident. Murnane & O’Neill is a Pasadena Maryland truck accident law firm that works with victims and their families to help them seek damages after these devastating accidents. We closely investigate each case to identify stakeholders and hold them accountable.
If you or someone you love was seriously injured in a truck crash, you and your family can receive compensation for your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You only have a limited time to make a claim under the law. Reach out to Murnane & O’Neill, a truck accident lawyer in Pasadena, Maryland today to learn more. We can help you.
Steps to Take After a Semi-Truck Accident in Pasadena, Maryland
If you’ve been injured in a semi-truck accident in Pasadena, Maryland, you may have many questions about what to do next. You and your family may be facing unexpected medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages due to missed time from work. Here are some steps you can take to protect your rights if you’ve been injured in a semi-truck accident:
- Seek medical treatment and call for emergency medical services. Even if you don’t think you’ve been hurt, it still might be a good idea to seek medical care. Some injuries may not always be immediately apparent at the scene of an accident. If other people were involved in the crash and you suspect they may have been hurt, it is your responsibility to call for medical attention. Seeking medical attention after an accident is important because failing to do so could affect your ability to make a personal injury claim later. The personal injury attorneys at Murnane & O’Neill in Pasadena, Maryland can review your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and other losses and assist you in seeking damages and compensation for these losses.
- Report the accident to police. Call the police to report the accident and get a copy of the police report.
- Gather information. If you can, gather as much information at the scene of the accident. Record the truck driver’s name, insurance company, truck company name, driver’s license number, identifying information of the semi-truck including license plate and license numbers, and the names and contact information of any witnesses. If you can, take photos of your damaged vehicle, record any injuries, and take down notes of the exact location where the accident took place and any other relevant circumstances.
- Contact your insurance company. Let your insurance company know you’ve been in an accident. Most insurance companies require that individuals report accidents as soon as possible.
- Contact a truck accident lawyer in Pasadena, Maryland. If you or someone you love was seriously injured in a truck crash or semi-truck crash, the truck accident lawyer at Murnane & O’Neill in Pasadena, Maryland can help you. Our semi-truck accident lawyers in Pasadena, Maryland can review the details of your case, review police reports, look at medical bills and other losses, and assist you with the next steps of your claim. You don’t have to navigate the claims process alone. Murnane & O’Neill is a truck accident law firm in Pasadena, Maryland that can help you navigate each step of the claims process.
These are just some steps you may want to take after a truck accident. Yet, every accident is unique. If you or someone you love was hurt in a crash, the personal injury lawyers in Pasadena, Maryland at Murnane & O’Neill are here to help you. We can take the time to personally review your case and assist you with the next steps.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Pasadena, Maryland
There are many reasons why truck accidents occur in Pasadena, Maryland. Many of the causes of automobile accidents are also the causes of truck accidents. These causes include speeding, distracted driving, texting and driving, running red lights, and not obeying the laws of the road. There are also causes that are unique to truck accident claims. What are these? These include:
- Overloaded Trailer. Federal laws govern weight limits on trucks. Sometimes truck companies might cut corners when loading their trucks by overloading these vehicles. Overloaded trucks can pose a hazard to others on the road. These trucks may take longer to stop, may be more likely to tip over, or a driver can lose control of the vehicle more easily.
- Improperly Loaded Trailer. Items in a truck must be properly tied down and secured. When truck companies fail to properly load their trucks or fail to properly secure items, truck accidents can occur. Trucks can be more likely to tip over or lose control.
- Fatigued Driving. While drowsy driving can impact both automobile drivers, truck drivers are at particular risk of fatigued driving because of the long hours they work. Most truck drivers are hard-working people trying to make sure our goods get to their destinations on time. Yet sometimes companies might put extra pressure on truck drivers to meet unreasonable delivery standards. When this happens, fatigued driving accidents can occur. Another factor that must be considered when fatigued driving plays a role in a truck accident is the fact that federal law limits how long a driver can be on the road. Hours of service laws govern when truck drivers must stop and rest. Drivers must keep logs of their hours and breaks. If you were hurt in a truck accident, the Pasadena Maryland truck accident lawyers at Murnane & O’Neill can review truck driver’s logs and assist you with your claim if hours of service laws were violated.
These are just some of the unique factors that can cause truck accidents, but they are no means an exhaustive list. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident in Pasadena, Maryland, the truck accident attorney at Murnane & O’Neill is here to offer you and your family a free initial consultation during which we can review your case and assist you with the next steps.
Truck accidents can also result in wrongful death. If you suffered the tragic loss of a loved one due to a truck crash, the Pasadena, Maryland wrongful death lawyer at Murnane & O’Neill is here to help you. We can fight to hold responsible drivers and companies accountable.